Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Random Thoughts

Little thoughts...each too small to become their own post...

  • The thought occurred to me the other day.  Right now is the safest this baby will be its whole life.  Right now it doesn't eat anything, go anywhere, do anything that I'm not a part of.  Once he or she is born I'll have to think about watching her on the changing table or making sure the side rail on the crib is up when I put him to bed.  And then comes mobility!  Having to watch what is going in the mouth, where those little feet are taking this little one.  Oh yes, it's very comforting to know that, for this brief space of time at least, I am the one determining what's getting to my baby.
  • I have no idea how the dogs are going to react this this little one.  Wow...that's gonna be a doozie.
  • I'm still not really showing, which I'm glad about actually.  I'm not having to buy new clothes yet, I'm not uncomfortable, and I'm telling myself that this may mean that the baby will be on the smaller side at birth.  If I'm completely off base on the last one, please don't tell me.  =)  But, not "popping out" yet does have its down sides.  For instance, when I go to the store and don't want to lift something heavy (bag of mulch, huge bag of dog food, etc.) no one is offering to help me and I feel like a heel asking for help.  Because I look perfectly capable!  You can't see the light-headedness and nausea that well up when I bend over and stand up too quickly.  I don't look like someone who shouldn't be lifting heavy stuff...I just look lazy.  And maybe a little chubby.  Blech.
  • Along those "not showing yet" lines...it's also super-awkward to be one of the younger and smaller people in a yoga class and having to modify every. single. move. because I can't breathe or I'm dizzy or something.  And I can't lay on my back for long periods of time so that extended period of "meditation" (read: napping) at the end of the class?  Yeah, I was totally curled up on my side.
  • We still have no idea where we'll be when this baby is actually born.  Oh, Navy.
  • I'm surprised at how relaxed I am about this whole, you know, MAJOR LIFE CHANGE.  But, as much as I feel like I should be freaking out, I'm really not.  (This doesn't surprise those friends/family of mine who were present for the bridesmaid dress catastrophe at my wedding, but still...)  God is in control and as many uncertainties as we are facing we know that He is still sovereign.  I mean, I know that I have a lot to do but I'm not rushing out to paint a room or buy a lot of stuff.  See previous point.
...End ramblings.  For now....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joy in the Morning © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner