Friday, February 25, 2011

Truly Inspirational

A minor side-track from the weight loss stuff....

When I first graduated nursing school I took a job working nights in a cardiac ICU.  One of my preceptors was this amazing woman, we'll call her Roxanne. (I haven't talked to her about putting her story online, hence the name change.  Also, my other preceptor was awesome too. The story's just not about her.)  Roxy is an incredible woman of God; she uses words like, "Spirit-filled" and "Hallelujah" in everyday conversation.  I had a ton of respect and love for her then and so much more now.

See, I was catching up with an old friend and she told me about Roxy's past year.  Her eldest daughter graduated high school last year and, the next day, died tragically in a car crash.  After receiving that terrible phone call, rushing to the scene, and insisting on viewing her daughter's body (can you imagine?), this woman picked herself up and planned a "Homegoing Celebration" to put the word funeral to shame.  Several hundred people watched that day as this broken-hearted mother, in a beautiful white dress, preached a message of hope and salvation.  She spoke of her confidence that her little girl was with Jesus and how all of us can have that same assurance by turning and following the Lord.  The message of the Gospel was powerfully delivered and over one hundred souls were saved.  Truly proof that God works all things to His good purpose!

Please keep Roxy in your prayers as spring approaches, bringing with it the anniversary of these events.  Part of my prayers will surely be that God would grant me her courage in the face of tragedy.

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
Psalm 63:1-3


Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joy in the Morning © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner