Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How do you feel?

The hubs is asking me this on a daily basis these days.  The weird thing is....I feel fine!  I'm 6 weeks today (!) and, knock on wood, have been doing great.  However, I'm gonna take a cue from a friend of mine who just had a beautiful baby girl and keep a running list, just for organization's sake.

Nausea/Cravings
None, nada, zip.  Ok, except when I stay up too late. Then I get a tad bit queasy; easily rectified by going to bed already, you idiot!

No real cravings, just an aversion to anything fried.  Seriously, anything.  Yay for helping me stay healthy!  Plus I've decided that Wendy's sour cream and chive baked potatoes are The Best Thing Ever.  True story.

I can, also, smell everything within a three block radius.  I prefer to think of this as my pregnancy super-power.  Sitting on the sofa, "Um, honey, I think the dog pooped in the back bedroom.  Also, the neighbor's gardenias are in bloom."

Mah Girlish Figure 
Y'all, my poor tummy.  I have been kinda bloated lately and yikes! It shows.  Like, whoa.  Trying to hide it so people don't just think I'm fat since we haven't told anyone yet!

*Side note: We tell the family this weekend!!  I can't even believe it. Part of me thinks it's too soon, what with the high risk of dreaded miscarriage and all that.  But seriously Wilson is about to burst!  We've just gotta let them know.  Plus my primary care doc confirmed so it's not like we're just going off a pee stick here or anything....

Pain/Cramping
No pain or soreness from the "girls".  Cramping?  Eh, it's there, but nothing to write home about.  And no blood, that's the main thing.

Skin 
Yikes! I look 16 again, and not in a good way. 

Overall State of Mind
Actually I'm kinda ambiguous.  I know it sounds terrible but this all happened so fast that most days I think, "Seriously? I'm gonna have a what?  A BABY??"  I think part of that is because I'm not having crazy weird symptoms and haven't been to the midwife yet (yeah...more on the midwife thing later.  Promise.).  I keep telling myself, "That weird stuff will come. Enjoy this."  And I am! Really!  I just still kinda...don't know what to think.  But also super excited!  See?...ambiguous.

And...this week my baby's heart starts beating.  Wow y'all.  Wow.

 Please ignore the blurriness of these photos, and the awkward angle.  My husband is way taller than me!

 Better profile perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joy in the Morning © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner