Tuesday, August 30, 2011

BIG NEWS!!

Ok, so I know that I'm terrible at this "blogging" thing.  I just never feel like I have anything interesting to say!  HOWEVER....

I'm writing this on July 9, 2011, but I won't be posting it for a little while because it's just not time yet.  But Wilson and I found out a few days ago that.......

I'm Pregnant!

Can y'all believe it?  Seriously, Crazy Sauce!  To date I'm 5 weeks along, due somewhere around March 8.  (I haven't been to the midwife yet [more on that later] so no "actual" due date yet.  Due Date!  What?!)

We were seriously so surprised y'all.  Like, Whoa.  Basically, without getting too specific...let's just say at the first possible opportunity, whamo! Knocked up!

For those of you who know our life/Navy situation, you may be wondering, Why now?  I mean, Wilson still has almost 2 years left of sea duty before he's back on shore so this seems like terrible timing.  Actually, I couldn't agree more.  But Wilson and I had prayed about it for a while and felt like all of our reasons for waiting were silly in the sight of God's sovereignty.  I mean, if He wants us to have a baby, who do we thing we are to try and nay-say HIM??  On a more practical note, though, Wilson just got a big ol' raise (Thank you, taxpayers and standardized payroll systems!) that pretty much accounts for what I bring home (minus what we'd be saving in gas, expenses, etc. by me staying home) so we're financially able to cover this, regardless of what I decide to do with the work situation.  (And I reserve the right to make that decision when I actually HAVE A BABY IN MY ARMS thankyouverymuch.)

As for "will he be gone? home? have to leave for 6 months when the baby's 3 weeks old?", one thing I've learned is to never count on anything.  There's always a huge degree of uncertainty in the military and there's no telling where he'll be at any given moment.  But we felt very strongly that the Lord was telling us it was time to let the little control we had go.  Apparently, He felt like it was time for us to have a baby.  We certainly wouldn't have planned this for right now, but He's a whole lot smarter than we are.

In any case, though, we're THRILLED! I'm feeling pretty spunky.  A little tired but no nausea, headaches, none of those early signs of pregnancy.  It almost makes me feel like it's not real, you know?  I keep telling myself, "It'll come.  Enjoy this b/c you won't always feel awesome."  Operation Chill Out in full effect!

We can't wait for this new stage and for our lives to be completely changed by this little one!

PS: As I noted above, I wrote this post a while ago.  Don't worry; I've kept writing!  I have baby bump pics and the whole nine yards.  But I can't post 8 or so blog posts in one day.  Patience people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joy in the Morning © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner