Sunday, October 30, 2011

God is Faithful

I have a confession to make but you need a bit of background in order to understand it.  Back in March, Wilson had to take a class for the Navy and his reimbursement was delayed.  Sounds like not such a big deal until you realize that the class was in Rhode Island and we paid for 3 weeks in a hotel, meals, travel, etc without any reimbursement.  Well, this is where the confession comes in...I covered that expense by not paying our tithe for a couple of months.  Then I didn't pay it again for this trip that he's taking now.  I know, bad bad girl.  I kept track of how much I owed, though, so that when we got the cash from the Navy I could pay the "back tithe" if you will.

Well, we got the reimbursement check a few weeks ago, which ended up being nearly exactly what I owed in tithing.  I struggled with paying it, b/c doing so left us pretty deficient in our checking account.  But my husband said, "It's supposed to be the firstfruits.  Pay the whole thing and we'll just trust God."  So as I wrote the check that Sunday, the phrase came into my head, "If you are faithful to God, He'll be faithful to you," which is my (very poor) paraphrase of Psalm 18:25, "To the faithful You show Yourself faithful, to the blameless You show Yourself blameless."  So, anyway, I wrote the check, not sure how we were going to be able to cover all of the moving expenses coming our way, but trusting God to provide.

Well, through 2 VERY unexpected resources, this week God not only paid us back...

he doubled it.

Our Father covered our worries to the extent that, not only are we back on track with our budget, we have extra wiggle room for the coming months.  Praise Him for His goodness!!

"The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." 1 Thess. 5:24

Don't you love it when God shows up??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joy in the Morning © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner