Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Redirecting the Blog

Ok, so I'm still working on shedding the pounds, with nominal amounts of success.  But that's not what I want this blog to be about so I'm redirecting.

Wilson and I planted our garden last week.  We're doing the topsy-turvy thing this year because last year we had a terrible run in with the dreaded tomato blight. (Cue ominous music.) 

  
Not my actual plant...but pretty close.
 
Basically this is a fungus that grows in the soil and when it rains, splashes onto the leaves of your tomato plants causing them to become diseased and grow very few, if any, small, crappy tomatoes.  We thankfully were able to harvest a few delicious gems and meant to prepare the soil better this year.  But...being the non-procrastinatory (Webster's?  A little help here?) people we are...we never got around to it.  So, along comes April and we still have blighted soil.  Wilson decided to look up and hang some topsy-turvy planters.
Again, not my actual plant. 
I'll let you know how it goes.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joy in the Morning © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner