Thursday, August 19, 2010

Did you know...

...that the trip from Montana to Norfolk, VA takes 1day, 14 hours by car? I could have guestimated (sp?) something like that. My beloved husband, on the other hand, apparently has no concept of the basic geography of the United States. You see, the other day a friend of ours asked Wilson if he would fly with him to Montana, help him pack up some of his childhood belongings, and help drive the moving van back home. Wilson, being a nice guy, got his kitchen pass* and said yes. Later, I realized that the guys were planning on this whole escapade going down over the period of approximately 2 and a half days. I proceeded to ask Wilson if he fully understood the timeline of this weekend he had planned. He gave me his signature "huh?" look, in response to which I held up my hands, moving from left to right. "Washington State, Idaho, then Montana." His eyes got big, his jaw dropped...and then he started laughing.


Cameron, you have a good, if sometimes idiotic, friend.

Mrs. Miles, I'm gonna need a copy of Wilson's high school geography transcript.

*Kitchen Pass- (noun) The figurative, but very necessary, "go ahead" given by a wife to her husband when he wants to do...anything.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Joy in the Morning © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner